How I can help you
Using gentle contact, I’ll guide your body to release the places that hold emotional or physical pain or dysfunction so that your body feels friendlier to be in again. You’ll also learn ways to reduce stress and anxiety, and handle difficult emotions by becoming more connected with your body.
I approach healing as a partnership, not as a top-down experience. Your body is the expert here.
I encourage you to tune into your body as we work together; this increases the effectiveness of the session.
How might you benefit?Anxiety, chronic pain, and the shock of an injury all have something in common — your nervous system on overdrive (a.k.a. stress!). So by calming your nervous system, Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy helps your body to release pain and stress at your body’s own pacing. Other related issues that respond well:
- auto-immune conditions (fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, lupus, MS)
- digestive dysfunction (irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, Crohn’s disease)
- poor sleep or insomnia
- stress-related symptoms from a traumatic experience
in my jaw with headaches for about 10 years, and was worried it would only get worse. After starting treatment, the tension and soreness in my jaw subsided as though there had never been a problem. I am very excited about this! I’ve had TMJ pain I’ve also gotten a better sense of how to relax my body, and I leave Alison’s treatment room every time noticeably less wound up than when I came in. It’s incredibly interesting to become aware of how my body is holding itself — and to feel the changes. The effect of craniosacral therapy has been substantial. Margaux Williamson, artist
Do you think we’d be a good fit?
The clients who tend to connect best with me:
- Are ready to engage in the long-term process of healing on a profound level, even when it’s not always smooth
- Try to honour their body’s own timing instead of forcing things forward
- Appreciate silence and stillness, and trust the mystery of the healing process
- Are open to a connection between physical symptoms and emotions
This probably isn’t for you if:
- You really want your muscles worked on — this is very still, quiet work
- You want a quick fix and aren’t ready to really dive into getting better
- The concept of energy moving in the body is a little too woo-woo for you (I get it; I’ve been there!)